1. In another life I’d like to be a team coach. My favourite hour of the week is coaching the Newbridge Town FC Girls Academy.
2. I am a tactile person- I love hugs!
3. I started Irish dancing when I was 5 and insisted on participating in my first Feis by running onstage to dance beside my older sister. I was 2nd in All Ireland Irish dancing at 15. I was a girl guide. I was on the senior basketball team at school! Yes really!
4. I’m obsessive about preparation and have a routine that includes some quiet solitude before I participate in public debates/panel shows.
5. My favourite musical instrument is the tin-whistle. I used to play tin-whistle solos at folk masses when I was a teenager.
6. I love fact-based books. For the last number of years I’m nuts about behavioural economics and Malcom Gladwell, author of The Tipping Point, is one of my favourite authors. I love reading mountain climbers biographies. (Random!) I would love to do base-camp Mount Everest.
8. I get very broody around babies but it resolves quicker than it used to! I love the baby stage. I’m good at getting babies to settle with baby massage.
9. I’m a night person and usually work late into the night. Before they go to bed, I ask my children the same question most nights – what was the worst part of your day/what was the best part of your day.
10. I love to laugh – my favourite form of escapism is to watch a comedian.